Wednesday, April 03, 2024

"Resistance."

I hadn't intended for Hawkeye to work herself into these strips, but here she is; I wonder if Machine Man will be around for a bit. (Nick Fury and Talos have already ducked out!)

DC doesn't traditionally have mutants like Marvel, although I thought there were a few; but the Justice League of America didn't usually have them, so the Squadron Supreme of America doesn't either. I could see this Squadron having a corporate sponsorship or three, maybe somebody buying the naming rights for them like a pro stadium. Or--shudder--crypto. This being the Mephisto-created Squadron, they're maybe not going to be super-inclusive; Power Princess herself is only grudgingly treated as an equal because she could kick the crap out of any of them. 

There was something on a message board recently, about how the 100th Marvel Legend Build-a-Figure would be out soon; a number that immediately makes you think 'no way' but yeah, pretty much? Somehow, Lockjaw still hasn't happened, but I wonder if Magik's demon S'ym isn't on a shortlist somewhere: he maybe wouldn't be a ton of tooling, and lots remember him from Inferno. But, one BaF I haven't made a lot of headway on, is the Totally Awesome Hulk, but as I type this, a near-ish Wal-Mart has Karnak and Kate's ex, Marvel Boy Noh-Varr on clearance. Or, "clearance," as right now they're marked down to $20. I'm holding out!

3 comments:

Mr.Morbid said...

I like how on brand being soulless automatically ensures you’ll be racist. That’s pretty much how it works & has worked for the entire history of mankind.

Anyhoo….

Yeah I still can’t believe Hasbro has made that many BAFs. It just seems too high of a number to actually be real, but it is. I’m curious who gets the special nod.

Speaking of Sym, hey, is it just me or does he look like a mega-roided up version of Dave Sim’s Cerebus? Just me?

H said...

Yeah, the Legion is the closest DC comes to mutants usually- there are a few guys from the 50’s that pop in occasionally and I think Englehart or somebody put a couple more in during the 70’s, but that’s about it.

I’d be up for some Machine Man. I think you had it that he was drunk during Nextwave, so a bar would be a good place to get some ‘fleshy ones’ talk (or whatever it was). Plus, you know, robot- always good for something weird or excessively violent.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I more than second this request.