Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Everyone needs a hobby: might I suggest getting the hell away from me?



Even though I'm not buying the others, I'd probably pay for Young Dark Pet Avengers.

Sam's using one of the McFarlane Toys Guitar Hero guitars, and I sure as hell hope you didn't pay full price for those. I still see them at Wal-Mart in the $5-7 range, but we got ours at a dollar store. MWC Toys had a review a while back, and I'm mildly surprised they weren't knocked down a point or two for not having straps. Seriously, Otto from the Playmates Simpsons line had a guitar with a strap, so it's not like that was rocket science there. (Here's a review from OAFE for Guitar Hero's Johnny Napalm, that also highlights some of the line's and McFarlane's problems.)

I have nothing against Lenny Kravitz, but I wouldn't shed a tear if I never heard his music again. Overplayed. It's not like he dropped off the face of the earth or anything, but I'd say his comeback is probably still a few years off...since I'm writing upstanding super-hero Falcon here, I'm guessing he probably has terrible taste in music; while bad-boy antihero Snap Wilson doubtless has way more street cred. Do people still have street cred? Arrgh, I'm old, and have none.

2 comments:

Sea-of-Green said...

Ha! Nightcrawler's right! There AREN'T any cartoons on Cartoon Network anymore! Just like there's no music on MTV. Wah.

Yeah, I miss Wade, too, but Falcon is DAMN funny.

SallyP said...

These are wonderful. Good grief, you have such cool props!

At least he's not doing Brittny Spears songs.