Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Have some links! They're almost like content!

Presently, I'm looking down the barrel of; or perhaps by now square hip-deep in, what is going to be a long, drawn-out, and possibly 24-style day. Hopefully without torture, but no promises. So, of course today is also the first real snow of the year...grr.

So, let's have some links! The Comic Book Shop had another one of their great progressive sales on Saturday; which I sadly wasn't able to fully enjoy, since the Youngest threw up in the store. (He warned me that he was "Sick," but I thought he was just sick of waiting for me...) Apologies to them, their customers, and their cleaners...

Still, I did get out with at least one great book, for cheaper than dirt: a copy of the Jonah Hex Spectacular Fall 1978. (Oddly, the very night before I bought that, I had a dream that I was Bat Lash. Sure, I looked sharp, but then I had to kill fifty men in a shootout, using nothing but little Derringers, guns the size of my toenail clippers. Mind you, I could conceivably kill someone with those, and it would be unpleasant for all involved, but we're getting off-topic.) Anyway, Dwayne at Matching Dragoons already did a helluva write-up on that ish and the unfortunate demise of Jonah Hex, so check that out. (I maintain, if you saw his most recent appearance on the Brave and the Bold cartoon, I was hoping Hex's corpse would end up in the Batcave...)

In the meantime, have you donated to Toys for Tots this year yet? I won a ton of great stuff last year from Paul at Toy Bender, and this year they're doing the same at Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation! Check the link and you might even be able to win a 6" Unmasked Dark Knight Batman! I haven't entered yet (and should recuse myself for having won last year...) since I was hoping the Comic Book Shop would have the 501st Legion dressed as Star Wars characters, like they did last year, but they are closing that location. Which means there's a sale there, if you're in the Spokane Valley area, which is unfortunate in and of itself...

Anyway. New strip tomorrow, and wish me luck for today!

1 comment:

Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Sorry your offspring spewed at the store but that's why they bag the books!!