Monday, September 29, 2014

Decisions, decisions.

Pac Con is coming up October 24-26, and I've been debating whether or not to go, and then what to get. I'm not usually an autograph collector, but both Stan Lee and William Shatner are scheduled to be there; and there's the temptation to spring for one or both. Maybe? It's $70-75 for one, and while I've got an old copy of Silver Surfer #18 that could use Stan Lee's John Hancock, I'm not sure if I have anything I would want to have Shatner sign.

But whether or not I decide to spring for that, I'm still on the fence about the convention in general. I'm looking for old, cheap, quarterbooks and random issues that probably only appeal to me; and maybe some loose figures if I see 'em. I don't usually care to see panels or Q&A's or cosplay: fun for some, but not my thing. So I don't know if there would be anything for me or not. There may be nothing but scalper-bait, overpriced "collector's items," and unsold backstock.

Right now, I figure I'm going, but not sure what if anything I'm locked onto buying...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Just went to con myself earlier this month, so I hear ya. I don't know about you, but that cosplay shit turns me off. I don't have a problem with it personally, except when it's a bunch of teeny-boppers and kids dressing up like a pedophile's dream.

Stan Lee would be cool to meet. I can't imagine some person or persons not being able to resist asking lee his thoughts on the recent Kirby legal ruling.
Very curious to hear his reaction to it, if he's even able to legally comment on it or not.