Wednesday, August 07, 2019

"Home."


I thought about calling this one "For the Kurt that has Everything," but thought that would've given away the game. Still, it would've been more respectful of Alan Moore than DC Comics for the last thirty-some years. It's like almost every business decision there for decades, the first question anyone asks is, does this piss off Alan? Crap on his legacy, water down his work, kick his dog, whatever. The Simpsons "Watchmen Babies" joke feels more and more inevitable every year.

Still, a rare crossover this week, since I don't think we've used a lot of DC characters in this storyline. Today we've got the Black Mercy, who came with Mattel's DC Multiverse Martian Manhunter from the Supergirl TV show. Which was an OK figure: I feel like Mattel spent a lot more time on like the texturing of the TV figures, than making them dynamic or have useful articulation. Still, he got an accessory, which a lot of DC figures don't. I'm mildly surprised Arrow came with a bow.

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Damn, you got me, because I almost thought he was finally home.
Poor Kurt.
And Satana? As his heart's desire? Really? I guess she replaced Amanda Soften then.

That is a cool accessory though. Got to be the first time ever appearance of the Black Mercy in toy form right?

Speaking of toys, just bought the new Kurt figure monday. Saw him at my local Walmart along with the rest of the Wendigo wave. Just bought Kurt, but the others looked good, especially Boom Boom and "You got no legs" Lt. Cannonball.

googum said...

Y'know, Sat as his heart's desire didn't even occur to me! Being back home in the comfy chair, with Pool a billion billion miles away; that might do it. Sat would just be icing on the cake...

SallyP said...

Gah! My heart!