Wednesday, October 23, 2019

"Prom."


This strip (and the next one, if I'm honest!) runs pretty squarely against "show, don't tell" as we hit a wall in what I can do with action figures. It's not like I have a young Nightcrawler figure...wait, I do, all those X-Men Evolution figures. Well, it's not like I have a young Elsa Bloodstone figure. Although...do I still have that Baby Bonnie Hood from Darkstalkers? Well, it's not like I have costumes for them! Although...

Actually, since I'm getting ready to move next month, I shouldn't even have the stuff I do have out. And I shouldn't be buying more figures to have to move as well. And I almost certainly should be packing instead of trying to plot out another strip, so you can easily guess what I'm up to.

Nightcrawler pretty memorably threatens a guy with neck-biting in the classic Marvel Graphic Novel #5- X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills. His potential victim panics and spill his (figurative) guts; but I wonder if Kurt's ever had his bluff called. Or started giggling midway through, after a bad Bela Lugosi-styled 'Blah!' "I vant to su-- Ach, sorry; let me try that again..."

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I'm sure he's had to get into character to attempt to bite an angry villager or two in his day.
Yeah, now that you mention it, a flashback scene of a young Elsa (Not the Frozen one unless you happen to have her) trying to kill a young Kurt would be pretty amusing. Same for the prom scene as well.

GET TO PACKING YOU LAZY BUM!!!! ;)