Monday, December 23, 2019

It's not our proudest tradition, but I guess it's still tradition?


I don't play a lot of video games of late, and certainly not current ones, yet I keep buying action figures from them, usually on the cheap. So far this year we've seen McFarlane's Destiny 2 line and their Fortnite Skull Trooper. Today we've got Hasbro's Overwatch Ultimates: Hanzo/Genji and Tracer/McCree.

I don't know much about Overwatch, but I do know these are probably alternate 'skins' for the characters. Back in the day, they would be the 'Player 2' looks, kind of like the difference between home and away jerseys; except I'm hoping these don't cost extra in-game. These two-packs were originally scheduled under code-names: Tracer and McCree, for example, were Chili/Mango. I don't know if Hasbro was trying to keep the lid on what they had coming, but I wonder if repaints were what fans wanted, or if the demand had been met with the single-carded figures.

These two-packs were $9.99 each at Ross, which works out to five bucks a figure! There were two other two-pack options, so I may have to keep my eyes open; but I was looking for seriously marked-down DC Multiverse figures. So don't necessarily make a separate trip looking for these, either; it's always a bit of a crapshoot. And we'll actually have at least one more video game figure before the end of the year!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

$9.99 you say huh? That's bad at all, defintiely better than Walmart's prices and damn sure cheaper than Gamestop.