Wednesday, January 26, 2022

"Super-busy."

I think I had to look it up, since I mistakenly thought the High Evolutionary trained Mr. Sinister, but that's the other way around, despite the Evolutionary debuting two decades earlier. I should've remembered when they appeared together in the X-Men books. The wiki also mentions H.E. getting some information from an Inhuman geneticist as well, which I should've remembered from the Evolutionary War. I suspect Miles Warren appears in that as well, in his pre-Jackal days: he had been his lab assistant, but got the boot after creating a man-jackal that escaped; which is a far tamer offense than I would've guessed. (Also, he had a family pre-Jackal? Color me surprised.) 

 Anyway, I figure the High Evolutionary has a very British accent, I think like Commander McBragg from old Rocky & Bullwinkle shows. (Looking it up, maybe those shorts were just shuffled in wherever, and weren't from the Bullwinkle crew?) H.E. wouldn't have the military background, but the utter Britishness and a tendency to natter on. Oh, like I oughta throw any stones...

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Jolly Good skit by jove! Jolly good. I say my good fellow methinks you have a smashing good series of skits on your hand that even our beloved & saintly Queen Victoria would give the faintest hint of a smile to. If I may ever be so bold sir, would it inconvenience you in the slightest so if I may suggest you continue on with this epic story of the 3 brave men of science? If not, and the mood should strike you ever so generously, then by all means good sir, do continue on forwith! Rule Britannia and God Save the Goo!

H said...

I feel like it's more of a hollow, metallic voice with a lot of reverb. He seems to have lost touch with his humanity a while ago.

Science bros are back! It's crazy how all the geneticists seem to know each other. That's got to be a wild group chat.