Wednesday, January 05, 2022

"Bar Rescue."

I never watched "Bar Rescue," but I've seen the ads about six million times. Is it actually tough to keep a bar afloat? People like booze...

Our new pirate friend is Blackheart, from Jazware's Fortnite line: I don't think he was the very last of their figures with the license, but he was towards the tail end of it. For little reason, his opening dialog was going to be Rita Repulsa's from the first episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, but he hadn't been in hell that long.

I'm not the biggest Daft Punk fan, but maybe Darkhawk is. Actually, he's also from the 90's, maybe his set is more old-school than that...

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I could see Darkhawk playing a mixed set of 90's rap, rock, grunge, techno and dancehall with a sprinkling of industrial to even it out.

Of course since he's been to outer space and met other alien races out there, I'm pretty sure he'd have made some mixtapes from their music as well.

Bar Rescue's pretty good. The problems generally tend to lie in employees pouring either too much or too little alcohol, drinking heavily with customers, outdated or broken taps and kitchens, shitty food variety, and basically not modernizing enough for the times which usually includes buying flat screens, building better dance floors, lighting, the whole works.

So yeah, running a bar's not as easy as tv makes it out to be.

H said...

*snicker* Mixtape. Ahh, the 90's …


Geez, a ghost pirate too- I've already got visions of a Scooby-Doo type adventure dancing in my head. Kurt would be Fred and Sat would be Daphne, obviously. Maybe Pool would be Shaggy but I'm stuck for Velma and Scooby. Ah well, those weren't real ghosts anyway and I'm sure you've got something different in mind (apologies if that's actually where you're going with this, if it even was anything more than a gag).