Friday, October 07, 2022

Is it weird to have a show same week as NYCC?

The next town over has a little comicon tomorrow, which of course isn't as big a deal as NYCC, but it has the benefit of being a con I could actually buy comics at. Unfortunately, I am even less organized than usual, which is saying something, and a bit run-down to boot. A good night's sleep and an absurdly long shower should get me back in it, though.
I don't have a wishlist or plan this time, aside from the usual grab-bag of cheap comics and figures. I do kind of want a pre-Legends non-cartoon Toy Biz Thing, for something only I would find funny. I bought the 3.75 inch "Marvel Legends" Thing, and he felt a little small for what I wanted; and I don't know why those were called Legends and not "Marvel Universe" like the smaller figures used to be. Also I'm annoyed Magneto got a figure in that scale before Nightcrawler, who hopefully will before the scale craps out...
Despite having them on the mind recently, I doubt I'll see any Essential or Showcase collections: they're getting a little thin on the ground, and also seem too heavy to lug around to shows. I recently picked up one book I was always on the hunt for, so I don't know if there's anything...oh, take that back; I got a few issues of Garth Ennis's War Stories--man, all the covers aren't on the GCD? Well, if I find any; I'll fix that. Somebody posted the Legion of Super Heroes "Legends of the Dead Earth" cover the other day, and I found that but could get the Legionnaires Annual. I also got another copy of the last issue of Nth Man, and I wonder how difficult it would be to put together the rest of the run. As long as I'm wishing, I've been watching a ton of Farscape and would gladly take any figures or comics from that if they fell in my lap. I feel like I'd seen Alpha Flight/Inhumans recently and passed on it, although I've blogged a ton of those split annuals. I think I've bought the collection more than once, but I wouldn't mind the (bloggable!) issues for Uncanny X-Men: First Class. Ooh, Pinhead vs. Marshal Law #2! That 2019 Six Million Dollar Man, 2002 Deadman, Justice League Odyssey, I've been trying to replace Punisher 2099 #34 for years...OK, getting hyped up now! Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Hope everything worked out for you overall.

I used to have that very same Thing figure back in the day.
Interesting story behind me getting that Thing figure, as that was the day I had my first celebrity experience where I met Mr America's Most Wanted himself, John Walsh! True story. Remind me tell you about that one someday.