Wednesday, December 14, 2022

"Sneak."

Sat's line about "the secret face of reality" refers to something from Warren Ellis's Druid, although I'm 80% sure he used a similar bit in probably his Avatar stuff. There's a secret mystic cult somewhere, whose job is to make reality presentable: reality by itself is pretty unappealing. I think Druid wants to see the truth, but as is so often said, can't handle the truth. Sat would be pretty used to hell, so I don't think it would bother her as much; kind of like getting stuck on a bad Instagram filter. 

And of course Satana hasn't seen Khonshu yet, because she wasn't there for the stand-in we had a couple years back, and the new Legends Build-a-Figure hasn't turned up yet. Although, checking Amazon right now, I might get five of the six pieces for him next week...and the sixth, Zombie Scarlet Witch, in February. Son of a...It doesn't help since most of those six are being purchased only for the Khonshu parts. Maybe some will win me over in-hand, but that seems iffy. I was just starting work on the year-end Year In Toys totals, and it alternates between "yay, I got that super-cheap!" and "why in the name of god did I pay that."

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid said...

I'm legit curious to see how you made out this year as far as that goes. While you probably saved in some areas, I imagine the the price hikes in Marvel Legends figures recently might've negated any serious savings you might've made.

Definitely can't wait to see Khonsu completed so he can bug the shit out of Marc on here. I'd like to think him & Sat are going to be the fastest & bestest of friends for some reason, with Khonsu being revealed to be very much into spilling the tea/gossip about other deities & embarrassing factoids about Marc. Should be fun to watch.

H said...

What does that even mean, 'safe as houses'? I've never heard it before. Is it some sort of regional thing?

I really hope those are regular ninjas and not Dire Wraiths or something- that would be rough.

Mr. Morbid said...

@H: Here you go:
https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E210US91088G0&p=origins+of+the+phrase+safe+as+houses

It's an old English Victorian term meaning you're safe & secure. I first heard it myself in the Depeche Mode song "Never let me down again."