Thursday, March 21, 2024

"Spies Unlike Us."

I've been somewhat limited, or perhaps more mindful, of my action figure purchases so far this year; but recently sprang for not only the Hawkeye/Skycycle set, but also the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Trooper and HYDRA Trooper, ladies edition. In a remarkable display of foresight, or that happenstance I'm always on about, I bought multiples of the Quake/Maria Hill figure, in preparation for getting the latter set: there were three unmasked female heads, as well as a S.H.I.E.L.D. helmeted one. (The heads could go to the HYDRA lady as well, although chances are they'd tend to only use the white one. I don't think HYDRA necessarily is racist front-and-center like the Sons of the Serpent, but COBRA seems like a more diverse organization, and it wasn't super diverse...) This does mean I have multiple Controller arms floating about, not really much to do with that; as well as a few alternate heads and hands and Quake's armband pieces.
I thought I had more S.H.I.E.L.D. guys, like our old H.A.T.E. pal Dirk Anger there. I was going to see if I could swap out the hands and put the Quasar bands on, but there's a cuff-lip on the forearms of that one. I also need to dig up the rest of my HYDRA goons: I have several of the old HYDRA soldier from 2007, and need to see what my forces look like now.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Oh snap, is it Christmas already? Because we got two action figure skits this week!!!!!

Was COBRA really that diverse? I mean sure, they had some chick members, but that seemed to mostly be due to who they were dating (Baroness) or were related to (Zarana)
Plus, and I could be wrong, there weren't any Black members, and maybe one Asian member (Storm Shadow) but he was undercover, so does that really count?

Of course they may have evolved with the times & became more racially diverse, but if they're an evil, terrorist organization, where's the incentive to be more diverse really?

Anyhoo....

Dirk reminds me of Trump, in that he's guilty AF, has a shit ton of federal (and in Dirk's case probably a shit ton of international war crime charges) and yet still walks around free as a bird.