Wednesday, July 22, 2026

"Lesson."

Two recently picked up figures this week: Spider-Boy and Magik! I saw the latter at a Wal-Mart, and kinda figured it was now or never. We'll see her again next time and have a halfassed explanation why she's in her old New Mutants uniform. Then, I wanted Spider-Boy to serve as a foil to both Miles and Pavitr, who are both at that awkward age where most everyone older than them is a geezer that doesn't understand them, and anyone younger is still a baby and doesn't understand them. It also frees them up from just arguing with each other, to argue with Bailey instead. Either Spider-Boy is weirdly tall, or that Miles figure is a bit short?

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid said...

Ha!
That “So we should coast off our good looks & spider-powers” line is so on the nose it’s not even funny, except it is but still totally accurate. I’d say that applies to what a decent percentage of newly created heroes, 90% if they’re in their teens/early 20’s.

I will say though, it may be extras work for you, but a sub-plot about Kurt teaching sword-swinging skills in time for kids to go back to school, wouldn’t necessarily be a bad idea. Just saying.

I like Spider-Boy’s outfit even though I don’t like the concept. At least for me, Spider-Boy will always be the Amalgam character from the late 90’s.

H said...

Miles is about the right size. That Spider-Boy is weirdly tall though- unless he had a growth spurt, he should have shorter legs and arms. They probably should have used a kid body for him.

I’m getting a weird feeling that Pete’s about to show up. You can’t have that many Spiders around without him at least cameoing. It’s one of those Spider-Sense things, like the Spider-Boy said.