Tuesday, August 25, 2026
Humble Bundles and all are fine, but time to get back to random, actual comics! Today we have, um, part 9 of 12, and we're going in cold! From 2019, Adventures of the Super-Sons #9, "The Good, the Bad, and the Sons" Written by Peter J. Tomasi, art by Scott Godlewski. Cover by Dan Mora.
Damian Wayne and Jon Kent had been lost in space for most of their mini-series here, trying to get back to earth and warn the heroes about an upcoming invasion, from the "Injustice Army," which was seemingly a bunch of alien kids cosplaying as super-villains. This issue, Robin, Superboy, and Green Lantern trainee AI-X crash on a western-themed prison planet, and meet a robot Jonah Hex. Robo-Hex agrees to take them to try and steal a ship, but no further: he had been a soldier for some time, and was currently allowed to roam around until he was needed again, which he wasn't real excited about. Still, the robot didn't have free will, and kind of didn't want it: the idea of that responsibility seemed to weigh on him.
As Superboy and Robin fight security robots, AI-X clouts Hex from behind with a pipe; then reprograms him to release him from control and give him freedom. Hex joins the heroes, as they steal a very train-shaped transport to escape...to be continued.
I'm not sure they all ran the same time, but I see issues of this and Wonder Twins in the quarter bins every so often, but not yet a full run of 'em: the orders for the later issues might have been cut back, so they probably don't end up there. Huh, Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen was yet another 12-issue mini from the same time; I never see that in the cheap bins!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Robo Hex has definitely seen some things hasn’t he ……well he was programmed to see some things, poor bastard.
This reminds me that I never got around to watching that Westworld tv series nor have I ever fully watched the original movie from the 70’s. Is the tv show any good bc I know the movie is at least…
Post a Comment