Moon Knight's sword is from real current continuity in his book, and it's great! Well worth grabbing. Gwenpool has obviously seen the second season of X-Men '97: I have not yet! But I know what happens and am okay with it. I'm kind of hoping in a season or two they speed-run Amazing X-Men. Also, pink fills! Ah, I didn't miss those.
I feel like there's a better MCU Valkyrie figure, and I have the MCU Sif as well but really prefer this Simonson-style look. Although, I seem to associate it with just before Simonson's run, where Sif seems to slowly realize her extremely long-term boyfriend loves stupid Midgard and its stupid people, maybe more than he loves her. Also, I like the Sylvie figure from the Loki show, except for her coat-cape thing: it makes her look hunched over, doesn't it? Sadly, I also think hers was not a well-selling figure; you might be able to find her on discount pegs still.
Gorr's cloak maybe does him less favors than Sylvie's: her articulation was perhaps hindered a bit, but Gorr's is buried. But I like the idea of Gorr more than the execution: Thor: Love and Thunder is kind of a mess tonally? The scene of Gorr scaring children and seemingly having a ball doing it, kind of undermines any sympathy for the plight that drove him to kill gods. Anyway, finding Gorr was strictly an accident, but a good-enough excuse to use him, largely for ridicule. Couple weeks back, the great Poe Ghostal showed off a new Elric figure; that I completely missed the bus on; the aftermarket is not gonna be forgiving on that one. But it reminded me that Gorr, Knull, Dagon Gera from some Star Wars; there's a lot of Elric-lookalikes out there. (Generally they're pale with an evil sword: the bad guy in Hellboy II: the Golden Army is very based on him.)




2 comments:
Even though I’ve never seen Thor 2, I’d still say Love & Thunder was the weaker of the franchise. It certainly had a lot of potential, but Waititi insisted on maintaining & carrying over the same comedic tone from Ragnarok, while also trying to have it be serious as well, making it feel like two movies fighting with itself on what kind of movie it’d be. So while it was ok it could’ve been better, but yes Thor did develop as a person & gained a daughter out of it. I just don’t care for how badly they did Gorr, especially physically bc he didn’t resemble the source material at all. He looked like an angry cancer patient instead of a god killer, which might’ve been intentional now that I think about it, since Jane had cancer in the movie.
Anyhoo…
Kurt’s REALLY gotta stop telling that story, at least to people like Marc.
So some sword-centric villain (or hero) is possibly behind all this….Did they ever make a Swordsman figure? I know Dane exists, both classic/modern & his 90’s leather jacket look. Otherwise outside Marvel, I’m drawing a blank on who else figure-wise you’d own to be the main heavy. Rob Liefield couldn’t be it, could he?😳
Please tell me Crystar is next. I waited the entire strip for him after I saw him in the first panel.
That Moon Knight figure is cree-py. Him, I’d believe he cuts people’s faces off. And is that … Gwyneth Paltrow in a Loki cosplay?
I’m still doubtful there’s anything sinister to this sword guys gathering. If you don’t want to be known as a sword guy then stop dressing like a pirate, Kurt.
Post a Comment