Thursday, February 08, 2007

Like being sprayed by a fire hose, if you had a fire hose that sprayed feta cheese.
'Ah! Refreshing!'
From Defenders #4, volume 2, "Ride of the Valkyrie" Written by Kurt Busiek and Erik Larsen, art by Ron Frenz and Scott Hanna. All suspension of disbelief is shot in the foot when the Sub-Mariner doesn't immediately pummel the Hulk. Or die. Maybe both. Instead, Namor storms (well, flies) off in a huff; to retake Atlantis from Attuma. Again.

My overtime should be done for the time being. I go to work when it's dark, but I was actually off before it got dark again today! After a long couple of weeks, I have time again to walk the dog, play with the kids, exercise, and maybe even read some comics and blog.

...

I wonder what's on TV?

Just kidding. Later this week, we'll take a look at one of DC Comics most reviled characters rendered by one of their most beloved artists, like Crisis on Infinite Earths only not, and possibly proof Tony Stark was a bit of a dick before all this Civil War nonsense. And a really snarky post about the state of comics today, or at least what I'm reading or not right now. Hopefully with less bad grammar than I've had lately...

EDIT: It occurred to me later, but would the Hulk have bad breath? Or would all that gamma radiation kill all the germs that cause halitosis, body odor, gas? Or would he have gamma-powered stink? Either way, the Hulk's breath and spit up there has to be uncomfortably warm and flemmy and...yuck. Still, if you have a guess, let me know: I would think the gamma radiation would leave the Hulk germ-free, but in terms of the comics it could go either way.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

Gah! Hulk-spit! But Namor, being the manly man that he is, doesn't even flinch.

Of course, he sulks a lot, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.