Thursday, January 12, 2012

'OMACtivate,' Meaning 'Accept Cancellation.'


O.M.A.C. and Static Shock are among DC's first cancellations in the new 52. Never love anything, comics fans. Never.


From O.M.A.C. #5, "Occasionally Monsters Accidentally Crossover" Written by Dan DiDio and Jeff Lemire, pencils by Keith Giffen, inks by Scott Koblish.

I don't think O.M.A.C. was a perfect comic, but it was a perfectly enjoyable comic. I had also seen it referred to occasionally as a "guilty pleasure," and I don't necessarily agree with that label. Still, it's a shame that we won't get to see it grow, either.

I'm just lucky I didn't bring down Demon Knights as well, since ever other book I've read from DC the last few years has gone to an early grave. I have a pretty bad track record for sinking comics--there's a reason I do "The End" week every year, isn't there? In fact, now I'm worried for Atomic Robo, since I recently added that to my pull list...

Ideally, I wish companies would try a trick that maybe worked once: take a low-selling character, and team him up with another, like Iron Fist being folded into Power Man. In that case, I'd at least have Unknown Xombi Warlord Shock Patrol to look forward to every month...

Ugh. Think I'll take tomorrow off, then. Have a good long weekend!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Like I told you, you're probably one of a very few that actually read/bought or even admitted to reading this one. I think you really do have a "touch of death" when it comes to this stuff. Ha!