Friday, October 05, 2012

"The Owl and the Gold," coming never from DC.


It's kind of fun to write Booster Gold, since he could be pretending to be a lout to divert suspicion from his actual time-travelling competency; or he could actually be a bit thick. He's a little cruder than usual today, but maybe Nite Owl reminds him of happier times: the title refers to "The Blue and the Gold," a long-teased DC miniseries starring Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, that never materialized, at least in that form. (Some of it might have been reworked into "I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League," maybe? I'm not sure.)

This is the DC Direct Booster, from the 52 series; and I used him since the DCUC one would've been a bit short maybe. Maybe, since I saw the DCD one and didn't bother to try the DCUC...The Watchmen figures are from the movie. I bought several on the cheap, but may have had to cough up slightly more for the modern Nite Owl. (Well, with postage, I paid about what the retail price had been locally.)

I actually had something else planned for today, but a recent arrival has moved up my timetable...he said, cryptically.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Booster is always a welcome sight. Even with faux Ted.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Cute skit. The only win would be in Nightowl's favor since he's used to dealing with unstable types like Rorschach, while Booster would pretty much have Ted again, just more bird-oriented than, bug.


No good reason why Ted isn't back again, since Infinite Crisis might not be in continuity anymore.