Friday, May 06, 2016

Itinerary.

Recently, after years of working various early morning shifts; my schedule has changed to something more resembling the nine-to-five most people face. And it has been...challenging. Is that the word we use, when we mean "it's horrible and I wish it would stop"? I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually and I am enjoying the time to run in the morning, but it's like I'm facing traffic both ways for the first time in ever. (At the early hours, there was remarkably little traffic, and it's awesome. Go everywhere you can at like five in the morning.) This morning, there was a remarkably large turkey crossing four lanes of traffic--not a metaphor, the actual bird! I don't know what was up with that, but rather surprisingly it made it across. Hopefully it didn't try to go back...

Anyway, tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day! I'll be checking out my local Comic Book Shop, especially since I need to get the new Hellboy in Hell and the most recent Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye. Then, I have to hit up a Hastings: they've got another used graphic novel sale, and I need to get Babylon 5: Season Two. Got One and Five last week, which I may not have seen all of prior; and thought I had Two but was wrong.

Toys R Us has a Lego Millennium Falcon giveaway Saturday as well; the Youngest is still young enough that he can get in on that, and he may want some Angry Birds stuff as well. Then, mid-afternoon we've got tickets for Captain America: Civil War, thanks to Skittles of all things. I really do like the promos like that: buy a batch of such-and-such, get a movie ticket, sold.

The rest of today seems extra-drudgery in comparison, but I'm glad to have Sunday to recover after all that! Don't forget to call your moms, and have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

You too man. Hope you score big tomorrow, ha ha.