Monday, May 09, 2016

I would love auto-tune for my car...


I hadn't bought an issue of Spider-Man in years, but I did get the most recent first issue on sale the other day; and it features a guest-star I was glad to see. From 2015, Amazing Spider-Man #1, "Worldwide" Written by Dan Slott, pencils by Giuseppe Camuncoli, inks by Cam Smith.

Mockingbird appears for a few pages, to ride shotgun in the new Spider-Mobile, as Spidey chases Zodiac members who stole servers from Parker Industries. The chase sequence is fun, although I want to say Mockingbird is written a lot like other female heroes with Spidey; as not having a lot of tolerance for his nonsense, even when Spidey seems on top of his game.

There are multiple short stories for back-up this issue, as previews for other titles like Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, and Silk. The Spidey 2099 features his old costume for the last time, and I'm not sure many have warmed up to his new one yet. This issue's a pretty good look at the current set-up for the Spidey books, although it almost feels like Spidey's getting an upgrade to differentiate him from a gunless Deadpool...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I blame Slott for that. He's had his whole run, especially now with making him Tony Stark-lite, to give Peter the respect he deserves and he's till played for laughs. Nothing wrong with humor, but he deserves more respect than hes given, especially by Mockingbird who was a fellow teammate in the New Avengers.