Friday, September 06, 2013

Sight unseen, I'm gonna guess...Gnarrk?


Or maybe Aqualad? Nah.

Cover to a dollar-bin copy of 1966's Teen Titans #40, "The Spawn of the Sinister Sea" Written by Bob Haney, pencils by Art Saaf, inks by Nick Cardy.

The Titans search for the Loch Ness Monster, which in this case turns out to be a fake created by salmon poachers...wait, are there salmon in Loch Ness? Apparently. Huh. But Robin and Mal are nearly drowned by a pair of mysterious swimmers, one of whom Robin recognizes at their next encounter as Aqualad. Then there's the Black Earl of Moray, a sunken island castle, Aqualad dating a hot blonde, and more; but frankly I was roasting when I read this and may have hallucinated parts of it.

Actually, this issue reminded me that Mattel didn't even attempt to give the classic Aqualad a DC Universe Classics figure; but I don't think there was a lot of uproar and outcry on that one. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

There really wasn't was there? Which seems odd. I mean there some talk, and hell even I wanted one, as well as a classic Speedy, but nope. Mattel screwed the pooch on that one. Grrrr mattel!

I'm pretty sure someone at Fwoosh did some.

Have a good weekend as well, and talk to you sunday-ish?