Thursday, February 05, 2015

Elmo got me this! Sort of.


February 3 was the birthday of Elmo from Sesame Street, and to celebrate Hastings had a "$5 off $25 purchase" coupon. Which, coupled with the review from OAFE.net, was enough to get me to buy the DC Collectibles Thrasher Suit Batman!

He's a great size, and you can either unmask him as Bruce Wayne in a big robot suit; or have him be a Bat-Robot. He's pretty great.

The above joke may be at least partially stolen from a Mike Baron/Ron Lim issue of Badger, which, incidentally, also included cross-dressing ex-Nazis turned nuns fighting to save the rain forest. Man, I need to find that issue again...

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Heh. Badger! I miss that book, it was ridiculous...but fun.

googum said...

And I think the bad guy's next line was, "Oh, I didn't build this. I leased it, from the American inventor, Gyro Gearloose..."

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Gyro Gearloose....the inventor from Duck Tales?

Cool figure though. Looks damn tempting.
If you have or had a IM Hulkbuster figure, I'd have em go at it Rock em Sock em Robot-style.

And yeah, Tony would so sue Bruce for this;)