Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Men of Steel! Or low-grade pig-iron, anyway.


I wouldn't have guessed this, but going back through the build-a-figure chronicles tag there's been at least two prior times where I completed two at the same time: Thanos and SP//dr and Monster Venom and Dr. Psycho. Today, we've got the Marvel Legends Spider-Man: Far From Home Molten Man and DC Multiverse Lex Luthor!

We already had most of Lex, with the alternate Darkseid-Lex head from Spoiler; but I used some Amazon points to get the Gotham by Gaslight Batman for, let's see...like nine cents. That gets us the regular Lex head and Superman cape; and Lex's neck has better range of motion than any Superman figure I've bought in years. Still, his right arm did not peg in well; a problem I've had before with the Rookie Collect-n-Connect. This may be the last one I build--unless I get a bee in my bonnet to go finish Lobo; which seems unlikely, but I do have the head/crotch parts.

"Bee in my bonnet" kind of describes why I eBay'd a couple parts for Molten Man, and he's a glorious mess. In Far From Home--which isn't on Disney+, grrrr--I'm pretty sure he's usually much, much bigger. He's nowhere close to the comic version, although I'm probably still going to use him as something like that. He's supposed to be a scary, molten-steel monster; but he's more like a doofy, shambling thing. Like the recent Super-Skrull, Molten Man was tough to peg together: the gloopy, melty left leg has a weird little tab and some ridges. Still, I have a feeling I'm going to use him more than Luthor...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

His comment at the end pretty much perfectly sums up MCU Molten Man to a fucking T!
He looks like a big, mleting pile of metal-encased shit live and in living technicolor.
I'm thinking the REAL Molten Man, Mak Roxton, dodged a big, goopy bullet here.