Wednesday, January 20, 2021

"Lede."

I wouldn't say I was a fan, but I'm pretty sure I've probably seen Friends all the way through. Which is weird, since there's other series like the Office that I liked better but never bothered to watch all of.

Cap isn't quite going full Cobra Commander with hisssss ssssss-ssssoundsss--quit that! But it's noticeable. I also feel like, in keeping with Krakoa's general acceptance of whatever, Kurt figures maybe Pool and Cap legitimately want to be Venoms. Look, the world is terrible, covering yourself in bitey alien horribleness seems fairly reasonable. Spidey may just be prejudiced against Venoms...

Sat may be teasing Kurt a bit here, but in her story about supervillain girls wanting Captain America, I don't think Diamondback is an outlier. Plus, to mix some metaphors, Cap is basically superhero royalty, and it's probably assumed Avengers membership comes with dating him or something. (It absolutely wouldn't; Cap could be dating Wonder Woman and she'd still have to audition, to show she got in on her own merits, even if it was super obvious.)

Oh, and I almost forgot: "Join Us" is probably definitely from Evil Dead: the Musical! It's completely inappropriate and the Youngest and I have probably listened to it 300 times.

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Plus I imagine his legendary stamina's got to cross the ladies' minds as well. America's ass? Probably want to know what America's D does too. Venomized Cap just seems so much like 2020, as far as America goes, in a nutshell.

H said...

I don't if I've seen more than 2 or 3 episodes of Friends, to be honest- and the only reason I've seen that much is that they rerun it on about 20 channels. The Office is only on TBS and maybe a local channel or two.

I feel like the major reason the ladies are so into Cap is that he's one of the few guys out there that isn't at all 'fake'. As cynical as you may be, there's something appealing about that. And yeah, you'd still have to audition for the Avengers, but who's gonna say no to Captain America's girlfriend?

Love that Sat says 'in case' you die, like Kurt hasn't died so many times he should be in some frequent visitors' club. And that question by Peter about what Sat means by 'straight' is totally something he'd ask.