Monday, August 30, 2021

This is starting to interfere with my immaculate record-keeping. (I said, immaculate!)

It took a bit of looking, and the one I bought was the only one I've seen so far, but Saturday we picked up the newest Marvel Legends Nova! Granted, I'm more excited for the upcoming Quasar from Walgreens, but still neat. 

This is like Nova's third Legend; and the younger version got one as well, but yet another Nova will be getting a figure: Frankie Raye, herald of Galactus, will get a Marvel Legend with the Haslabs version of her boss. I chipped in for that over the weekend as well, before it hit 20,000 or whatever to unlock Morg. Is Morg a deep cut now? He got the push back in the 90's but I can't recall if he's been seen for years. Also, I was trying to confirm if Ron Marz sprung for one, since I'm pretty sure he created Morg. (It may set a bad precedent, but Haslabs should just give him one!)
Ugh, way too much flash today, sorry. Sometime next month my Sentinels from Haslabs should show up, which leaves me with a quandary for my Year in Toys numbers: they were paid for last year, but didn't arrive then. I think they are going to be "charged" on arrival date then. Which I'm not doing consistently, since I had some pre-orders where some figures arrived earlier than others, but I may have just counted one total. I'm never going to be 100% accurate, but still want to keep it in the ballpark.

Let's see...currently on pre-order, I have a couple Ultrons--all the other Ursa Major figures are here! That's always a killer, but it's easy to see he'd be a star of that wave. (And probably reissued at some point.) Tigra is arriving sooner than I had expected, and I have the Watcher wave and Web-Man (Bizarro Spidey!) ordered from GameStop. Ah, I almost forgot, I pre-ordered the reissue Marvel Select Watcher as well!

I think Legion may have already shipped from Target. I did miss the Mobius pre-order, though. I was expecting Legion later, though, because I preordered him with the 1Up X-Men arcade game! (Because I wanted it and by God I deserve it!) I don't think I'll be tempted by Legion's Age of Apocalypse wave-mates; and Legion got the buy because he was the second lead in the Nightcrawler-centric Way of X. (Which is over already, setting up some Onslaught crossover or something; but had a hard misstep the third issue, that I could natter on about for ever.) 

I have a tendency to spread out orders and pre-orders, even before exclusives are involved. I think he's a Wal-Mart exclusive: the Compound Hulk was down to just over $20 at one point; so I ordered him and Winter Soldier: Bucky is here already, CH is still over two months out. From Amazon, I pre-ordered Psycho-Man and the High Evolutionary: I don't know if either will be hugely popular, but both look really sharp, and I do love expanding the character roster. Still, they maybe aren't coming until March 2022? I say it all the time, but that seems like a million years away. 

Is that everything? Probably need to add some more.  

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Jesus dude! No wonder you're working overtime! Dat Plastic crack addiction is real, haha. Seriously, you might actually save money buying actual drugs, or so I've heard.

Hopefully with the coming month I too shall see even a single Nova figure at either of my 3 local Walgreens stores, if not, I guess there's always next month(October) but knowing my luck probably in time for the Christmas, meaning Quasar's not going to show up until early next year at the earliest. *SIGH* Fucking piss-poor distribution in the south...

Sucks to have to wait until March of next year to get my hands on that Psycho Man and High Evolutionary figures, but well-worth the wait from what I've seen. Daddy like. Daddy like a lot!


Not sure Night Thrasher was really that hard on Nova, but then again I never really read that 1st New Warriors series too much, but from what I saw, they seemed pretty cool with each other.

CalvinPitt said...

I think Morg got killed in the early stages of the first Annihilation, and as far as I know, no one's bothered to bring him back yet.

As far as Night Thrasher and Nova, they butted heads a fair amount. Nova was pretty cocky and didn't like taking orders; Night Thrasher was officially "leader", but he was like Asshole '90s/early 2000s Batman, if acting that way actually had consequences.

Plus, there was the whole thing where Thrasher helped Nova get his powers back, but did it by dropping Rich off a building and gambling the stress would unlock his part of the Nova Force. Creates some complicated feelings.