Wednesday, October 20, 2021

"Ultimate."

My grandkids are currently in daycare, and now consistently have the daycare crud little kids get. It's not a 24-7 runny nose, but it's close; and I feel like I've had it for ever too. Between that and some mandatory overtime we've got a short one this week. I still have one week saved, but am having a hard time getting ahead.
We've seen Nightcrawler teleport the head off of a robot more than once, but I was thinking of this old Overpower card: I never played it, but had some of the cards. I misremembered that head as being more Ultron-like: it's got the can opener mouth, but lacks the distinctive antennae. And this newest Marvel Legends version nails both!

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ha! Nice. Hey, so even if said Ultron head was coated/made of out of Adamantium does that mean Kurt would still be able to teleport his head right off? Or would he encounter a good bit of resistance?

This reminds of how much I wish I'd kept my Ultron figures and how I really need to catch up and buy the latest one because he's pretty damn cool.

Yeah I never played those card games either, but I did have a nice small collection thanks ot getting them when packaged with Wizard magazines and various comics. I much preferred the trading cards instead.

googum said...

I was thinking about that: would the neck give at the joint, or would it 'tear'? I think it be like it was bitten off. Part of the head would be teleported away, leaving the rest.

There's an Alan Davis Uncanny issue where in a Danger Room session with Logan and Ororo, Kurt teleports the torso out of a Sentinel, leaving its head and limbs! Showboating.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Quite possibly yeah. Which means Logan better never ever piss off Kurt to the point he decides to 'port his claws off, haha.