Wednesday, October 06, 2021

"Cape."

I am still in the middle of some (wholly unnecessary) drama right now, but I'm just barely keeping ahead of Wednesdays by knocking out a strip on the fly Sunday or Monday night. The set use is a little limited as well, so we're back at what, a million strips ago, was Pool and Kurt's apartment, and now seems to be Kurt and Sat's. They also appear to be filling it up with crap; man, I know how that goes.

Is Doctor Strange currently dead?  Well, you don't get a title like Death of Doctor Strange when you're feeling fine, I'd guess. This kind of feels like Strange has never had a bigger reach than now, in a ton of MCU movies and Disney+'s What If...?, and those probably have not translated into comics sales in the least little bit. If Strange's death sticks for a bit...honestly, I kind of do expect Magik to get the job. I also had to reach out to Doctor of Strange PTOR, of Sanctum Sanctorum Comix, with a question about the 'cape,' the Cloak of Levitation: what does it feel like, what is it made out of? Wool? Cotton? Silk? Hemp? (That's how it flies!) I know I've seen it on display at Seattle's Museum of Pop Culture, but I didn't get to feel it, get the thread count or anything.

The Cloak today is from the What If...? Zombie Hunter Spider-Man; although I don't think Spidey wears it long in that episode, but giving it to someone else would've been a huge spoiler. I pre-ordered the whole wave so I could build the Watcher, but they did not come in all at once.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Yeah I read the 1st of that too. Right now I have no idea who did the deed, but just based off that one panel it seems to be someone who used to be more of an annoyance than actual threat to him, as he seemed very dismissive to the individual up until he got killed.
Likewise I'm sure he'll be fine after the end of this, especially with that backup plan he basically told us upfront about. BTW cool backup of Strange using his 1.0 version.

Like you said, VERY weird timing to be "killing him off" when he's so in the public consciousness right now.

Plus, and let's be completely honest, I sometimes REALLY wish Shooter was running things again over there because there wouldn't be any of these trivial ass "death of" comics coming out. Death would NOT be the revolving door it's become.