Wednesday, February 23, 2022






Yay, Quasar! And the domestic came in first! 

 Let me explain: the Walgreens exclusive Quasar Marvel Legends figure was supposed to be out like third-quarter-ish last year. But, distribution for figures at Walgreens has been spotty of late, and while he had been available overseas and Canada, very few had been found stateside yet. I finally caved and ordered one from Zavvi, shipped from Britain: slightly more spendy, but honestly worth it for peace of mind, and still cheaper than scalper prices on Mercari. Of course before the Zavvi one arrived, Walgreens finally put Quas up on their website--he's sold out now, already! At least for shipping; maybe you might find one in a store. The way their distribution seems to go, you'll either find 40, or none. 

So, just a bit of monkeying around with him, fellow Walgreens Legend Nova, and a couple Fortnite figures, Deo and Siona. Despite also being from Hasbro, they don't seem to have the same necks: when the heads pop off, either the neck-piece or the balljoint usually comes with them. Otherwise, I would've swapped on the spare Skrull heads from the Skrull Troopers. Also sold out! Ugh. I got two, after missing out/waiting too long on the Hellfire Club goon. 

One thing I remembered about Quasar during this: he used to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent! Not a great one, admittedly: he's kind of too nice for it. But he was probably trained in a lot of crap. They probably gave him the basics on how to kill a man with a ballpoint pen; with him studiously--and squeamishly--taking notes...

And Kymellian tranquilizers is a really dumb joke.

2 comments:

H said...

Wait, which one is good cop and which one is Earth cop?

googum said...

I think Nova is by-and-large assumed to be a Xandarian. Which kinda makes it like a Canadian vs. an American: everybody thinks the Canadian by comparison is going to be peaceful-like, and that's not necessarily the case.

It's not as bad as Green Lantern stuff, where aliens just have to lump it when Hal Jordan shows up. I'm sure he's gonna respect your culture and/or womenfolk. It'll be fine. (I tease, but...actually, I do think the last GL book I read the earthers were remarkably tolerant of stupid alien crap.)

Anyway, soon: Quasar with a character I don't think he's ever interacted with, even though they're on the same team...