Monday, February 27, 2023

Never occurred to me they would get figures, yeah!

So I got these figures about the same time, and thought Fortnite's Renegade Shadow might be a good bad guy for the Hawkeyes, since it's not like they would make Tracksuit Mafia figures, right? Well, time makes fools of us all, I guess! Unfortunately, I think the pre-orders sold out before I even heard about it...I also think I said Target exclusives were relatively easy to find; compared to Wal-Mart or Walgreens'. And since Walgreens doesn't have Marvel Legends anymore, I haven't been in one for a month or so? I know I bought a spare Nightcrawler Funko and ML Sentry with some vodka at some point...

<sigh> I bought a little dry erase board specifically to track pre-orders, but apparently buried it under a pile of quarter books. I did pre-order the classic Yondu from Target, but didn't order the classic Ant-Man: he'll probably be findable, and may or may not be a deal at some point. Yondu brings the classic Guardians roster to, what, two? I really thought we'd get Martinex in the third-movie wave, but they were all movie figures. Which I held off on for now, even if Cosmo is a strong selling point.

The Wal-Mart exclusive classic comics Star-Lord might turn up in April. That might be when Dark Phoenix and Spiral turn up for me, too. And I also just pre-ordered the Blob and two waves that I kinda want the Build-a-Figure more than any of the other figures, which seems to be happening with alarming frequency lately.

Oh, and Cosmo isn't the first dog to get a Marvel Legend, but he does beat Pizza Dog, who really should've been included with a Hawkeye. Instead, I've got the unnamed or nameless dog from the Road Warrior! One of the best dogs.  

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I'd watch a Pizza Dog cartoon as well, especially of it was just a series of shorts. Probably the best time format for such a character.

They really do need to put out more classic GoTG figures don't they? At this rate, Hasbro will have successfully completed the Serpent Society in comparison and who'd have ever thunk that would've ever happened.

Pizza dog did come with the Marvel Select version of Hawkeye but not the ML version. Why? I'm guessing mostly due to laziness & keeping the overall cost of production down even tho that would've been a fun little bonus. God I miss Toy Biz for doing that for us collectors 'cause Hasbro sure as fuck doesn't.