Wednesday, February 15, 2023

"O.G. T.B."

I'm fairly sure, during the stint when Norman Osborn was mayor of New York City, he put Moonstone in as head of Arkham er, Ravencroft Asylum. And why not? She's got the skills, and as far as villains go, is fairly reliable. And Norman being super insane probably holds some fascination for her. That said, if Moonstone wanted to be a doctor, she'd be a doctor: if she put her mind to it, what could stop her? Between her powers and her willingness to blackmail anybody, I don't know that she even needs Norman (or Fisk, the Fixer, Zemo, or anyone else) to fix her problems for her, unless she convinces them to do so. Hmm, and I guess most of those other fixes would be quicker and possibly cleaner; but then she might not mind getting her figurative hands dirty.

Crap, I just noticed both Kurt and Moonstone make noncommittal "mmm" noises this week; that is probably more a conversational tic on my end than theirs. Mmm. And if anyone recognizes that couch, let me know! I think it was part of a set, that I didn't get...

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Personal tics being revealed during writing? It happens. I'm not sure what idioms my dialogue held when I used do the skit thing, but I'm sure something was there, some repetition of habit.

Well she definitely had him there didn't she? No legit way out of that one other than trying to take a moral high ground in that at least Khonshu's a (mostly) benevolent god actively trying to help his people. It's just the methods he uses that are usually questionable at best. I do like the aspect the show brought up (or I could be mistaken) in that Khonshu & Marc's relationship is basically like another form of slavery, much like the Egyptians enslaved Marc's ancestors. I wonder how often Marc honestly thinks about that. Probably not a lot or else he won't get shit done.

H said...

They seem like different kinds of "mmm" though, if that makes any sense. Kurt's is more of an "I dunno" and Moonstone's is an "I'm impressed".

Not sure where this is going, to be honest. Moonstone seems to be straight up helpful so far, even though it's still early. Sat and Kurt may even stay out of the action this time, though I'm not even sure if there'll be fighting this time. Marc may even avoid getting beat up this time.