Thursday, July 13, 2023

Why not blog all the books I should do at Halloween now? No one can stop me! And this little one-shot I don't recall seeing before just recently: from 1988, Bloodscent #1, written by Dean Allen Schreck, art by Gene Colan. Introduction by Tom Savini.
Plotwise this one might seem a little slight, but it's enough for Colan to run with it: after a kill, a serial killer doesn't have as much time to savor it as he would like, as he realizes he's been spotted. Making his way back to his car in the woods, he's chased by an unseen pursuer...possibly more than one. If you recall some of Colan's other horror work, you probably know what's after the killer. 

Since I'm a gazillion years old, I can remember when Comico books were on racks--in Canada, anyway. For some reason, that's the only place I remember seeing them! But, I don't recall seeing horror one-shots very often, either; and here we are. 

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Hmmm, looks pretty good, especially the way Colon renders each page with his usual beautiful, quality art.

I can definitely see this story not being too out of place back during Colon's days on Tomb of Dracula, you know, that being a serial killer being hunted by vampires. Sounds like a solid enough premise to build upon.