Wednesday, February 07, 2024

"Finds."

That's probably not a Farnsworth Parabox...well, maybe. How much of Ch'od's sale stuff does he have no idea what it is? It might not be a high percentage, but there's a few.

Secret Invasion--the show--was like the first Marvel show that really fell flat for me: the others might have had some off-moments here and there, but this one...I'm not 100% sure I've ever read all of Secret Invasion the comic, either. Fury might be being generous in his estimation of Skrull good guys to dicks, since I thought they were pretty firmly indoctrinated; but there are probably aspects of their culture that haven't really been explored or established.  Am I gonna complain about Secret Invasion every time we see Fury or a Skrull? I hope not, but...

4 comments:

H said...

Huh, I wouldn’t have expected Fury to be so open sexually. Maybe it’s because he’s the son version (or is he the Ultimate or MCU version? I don’t really keep up with any of them and don’t know which if any you’re basing him on). Whatever- maybe he’s just doing it to be a smartass.

googum said...

He's pretty much being a smartass! But I don't think the Skrulls are that flexible, either. Just because they could look like Gillian Anderson doesn't necessarily follow that they're willing to for you.

Mr. Morbid said...

That reminds of an old issue of Toyfare two Skrulls are sent to impersonate Reed & Sue, then take place as their respective married couple. They both goof big time & wind up with each other at the end, but don’t know it.

Mr. Morbid said...

Just going off the poor reviews, I decided to skip the MCU version of Secret Invasion. Definitely inferior to the source material.
And honestly, if they weren’t going to make it into a movie, they shouldn’t have done it. By making it smaller and street level, they just ruined it. And I get it, they only had so much $ in the budget to work with, but it just had no business being made. But that’s just me. I think they wind up making the Skrulls more sympathetic than plain evil like they usually are.