Wednesday, February 28, 2024

"Training."

Huh, it is training camp season for baseball types! Maybe you'll luck out and not get see-through pants

I thought about it for about three seconds, and of course it was Peter David on dialogue, for Secret Origins #32, featuring the Justice League of America, and a sequence where Hal Jordan tries a few exclamations before settling on "Great Guardians!" I will occasionally yell "sweet Smurfberry crunch" in exasperation, but probably not as often as...other words. Like Ralphie and my own kids, Talos is probably exposed to profanity on a near-constant basis, although in Talos's case I suspect it's directed at him at least sometimes.  

Also, this helpful post points out that yeet is the opposite of yoink, which might help you: you yoink something off of somebody else's plate, you yeet something out a window. If yeet had been in use back in what, 2005, when the Sentry yeets Carnage into the sun; that would've absolutely been the end of the character.  

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid said...

The Squadron being murder-y really is on point for them though, especially JMS’s version, although Gruenwald kinda introduced us to that from the get go.

Doesn’t it feel kinda weird to be using young people slang like “Yeet.”? Even I at my early 40’s feels a little bit wrong to say it, but I do it anyways, because it’s fun to say.

As for profanity, I’ve always had a deep love affair with it ever since I was first exposed to it after watching Batman ‘89. Probably due to my family being overly religious back then, thus why it had such an impact on me.
The joy of learning other languages is learning the dirty words first, so yeah I can imagine Human swear words hit differently to alien races.