X-Men '97 has, in my probably solitary opinion, maybe done too much to rehabilitate the rep of Cyclops. Everyone thinks he's the bee's knees all of a sudden, 'cause he can what, electric slide using his eyebeams now? I say, he probably maintains a running mental total, of demerits for all of the X-Men, and probably himself. Only took out two Sentinels instead of three? Demerit! Not wearing a clean uniform after a three-issue fight? Demerit! Abandoning your wife and kid for your ex? Demerit, but only one.
Wednesday, July 29, 2026
"Illyana."
Most guys would probably be intimidated that Illyana has a big brother that's an insanely protective, seven-foot-tall, slab of metal beefcake; but she's actually plenty intimidating on her own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Eh, I don’t begrudge his new found popularity bc he’s guaranteed to be someone’s favorite even though that would probably say more about the person than Cyclops.
I’m currently enjoying the hell out of the 2nd season of X-Men ‘97 so far and can’t wait to see how the finale plays out. I’m hoping there’s not a huge gap between season 2 & 3 but who knows. At least I’ll have the 2nd season of Batman: Caped Crusader to watch this week.
Btw, since Hasbro’s putting out the 40th anniversary of the Transformers movie, and adding a post credits epilogue chapter, there’s rumblings that Hasbro wants to get in on that X-Men 97 action & perhaps give us a TF G1 series. We’ll see in September.
I've not watched X-Men '97, but I'm confident there is nothing that could make me like Cyclops. I will drag him for the Maddy Pryor/deadbeat dad move like a roadkilled opossum stuck on the undercarriage of a car, right up to the heat death of the universe.
At least Illyana can teleport away to hang out with cool X-Men like Kurt.
Same- Cyclops is the worst of the worst. Maybe his popularity is a sign of the times? I don’t usually subscribe to that sort of thinking but I’m willing to make an exception in this case.
Colossus isn’t really that intimidating to me- he seems like a creampuff from what I know of him (which is not much). Jeez though- are all Spiders really that skeevy or just the kids’ table? Kinda strange that Pavitr (I hate that I remember his name now) would pull a Shaggy. He seems like he’d say cartoons are for babies but secretly watch romance anime.
@Calvin: I used to blame Cyclops for that very reason. The thing is the fault lies not with him but Claremont who wrote him that way & the editors who let him.
@H:
“ He seems like he’d say cartoons are for babies but secretly watch romance anime.”
He totally does.
Post a Comment