I might not love either Black Knight figure, but the Ebony Blades aren't bad! Traditionally swords don't change their looks, but here we are. Wait, the new figure only came with his lightsab--er, "photon sword." The fancier Blade Dane is using is from the even older Brood wave Black Knight. Man, good on Dane for getting three figures, but none of them are quite there. The other Black Knight was from Fortnite, and I just had to get up and take a look at him: there was a McFarlane version, but this one was from Jazwares and thus more in scale for around here. Say it with me: every time I have an action figure from a game I don't play, drink! Oh, and sadly, the Ebony Blade may currently be destroyed in Marvel continuity, which does seem to happen from time to time: Doctor Doom may have suggested it was too dangerous to be left out there, but that may have been self-serving, as the Blade could slice through his armor.
Wednesday, September 16, 2026
"Dane."
I still don't think Nightcrawler has met the Black Knight in comics, but like seven years back we saw Kurt vs. Dane. If it seems like Dane is getting the short end of it here, you're probably right; but this is the second Black Knight figure (from a two-pack with Sersi) and Hasbro still hasn't really done him justice? The head on this figure looks like he just smelt something awful and is furious about it. And I didn't realize until looking at that OAFE review again: the new figure only comes with one head, and it's actually one from the previous figure, which had three! One being his ancestor Sir Percy, the other being a more friendly neutral expression but with big bat wings on the helmet. That said, I'm glad they've never tried to do a removable helmet: it's pretty thin, and would either look awful or the unmasked head would be woefully undersized to accommodate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment