Wednesday, February 27, 2019

"Study."


Yeah, I definitely think Kurt could take the Knight. I'm not sure he could take Deadpool, though; except in terms of finesse: Pool's technique might involve less defense (if any?) since he can take stab wounds.

I hesitated to do this one, since the Black Knight is already on bad terms with another mutant, Quicksilver. I want to say the love quadrangle with those two, Pietro's wife Crystal, and Sersi; ran longer than that Proctor storyline, and I'm not sure any of them ended up together.

This may be the third time we mention "Grandmaster rules," in reference to his classic match-up battles. Which I don't think I've blogged a lot of, actually. I'd love to have a classic comic action figure of him--as opposed to the delightfully unhinged Jeff Goldblum version from Thor: Ragnarok--since he usually seemed to have the juice to carry out his threats and make those fights happen. Admittedly, he may not be the most dynamic figure; a blue grandpa in a smock...better throw in some accessories there.


Most of this strip, and the last three in this storyline, were knocked out playoff weekend, as my Cowboys lost badly to the Rams. Last road playoff victory was like 1992, which ugh. Wonder if I have time to get another one done...

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Did...did you reference "What's Opera Doc?". You are officially my favorite writer.

The popcorn was also an excellent touch.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Nice popcorn prop. Where'd you get it?

I'm admittedly not as 100% sure about the whole Kurt/Dane fight as you are. Sure I guess Kurt would win, especially since he can use his tail as a third arm as he so regularly did when sword-fighting, but Dane's no pushover either, and he really did have years of practice during the crusades in much the same way Ray Palmer had plenty of time to hone his sword-fighting skills during his time Atom the Barbarian.

I will say out of the two, Kurt's probably the more natural swordsmen where as Dane had to learn it, Kurt breathes it.

Good stuff all around. And Kurt talking smack isn't just a Deadpool thng, I'm pretty sure bantering w/ his opponent is exactly what Kurt's done in the past.