Friday, February 01, 2019

Every time Hasbro doesn't announce him is just trolling me personally now.

Ah, I had a post scheduled for today and accidentally posted it last week. Nice work there. But we still have a few things going. Here's that variant I mentioned when we were talking about Uncanny X-Men:

Cover by John Tyler Christopher, and I'll upload that on the GCD later. I also got his cover for the new Conan the Barbarian; and I might read the first two issues of that tonight. I've also been hitting up my local comic shop--which just opened a new branch in the valley, closer to my home--for dollar Conan back issues. Which we'll probably see more of, at some point. We've got a new 80-pager coming up--new to me, I should say; I couldn't bring myself to drop ten bucks for Mysteries of Love in Space. Yet, anyway.

I did get Age of X-Man: Alpha; and it was a surprisingly strong issue! It wasn't as knockoff-y of Age of Apocalypse as I thought it was going to be. I don't know if I'm going to be all-in on the multiple spin-offs, but somehow, Apocalypse and the X-Tracts looks interesting. Yeah, I'm as surprised as you are. (EDIT: Seriously, the glimpse I've seen of that cover looks like he's about to launch into "Incense and Peppermints." Since he's still Apocalypse, he'll probably go straight Manson by the end of the series...)

In the meantime, this is the busy season at my work, so I've been putting in overtime, and working on a side project. And I have a bigger side project coming later this year; that I don't want to talk about yet. But this stupid blog has been five days a week or better for I don't even know how long; and I'm mentioning it now in case I get locked up later. Ah, I say that but I enjoy this stupid thing too much...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Big project eh? Nice. Sounds good so far.

Yeah Hasbro really must be because they know damn well that we all want to see an updated Kurt figure, or hell just any new Kurt figure at this point. Hopefully classic, but I could open to a newer costume too.