Wednesday, February 20, 2019

"Skipped."


Although the new Black Knight is a much stronger figure, the Ebony Blade that came with the older version is much nicer. Perhaps a shade too ornate, but it's also stiffer.

I looked up Proctor for this post, though; he was the big bad for a seemingly indeterminable stretch of issues. Perhaps coincidentally, that was roughly around the same time Hyperstorm was the villain in Fantastic Four: both were allegedly stronger than any villain those teams had faced before; had long and complicated schemes that ran for ever; and I don't think either has ever returned. Proctor was an alternate-universe version of the Black Knight; although I'm not sure he was ever named as Dane Whitman. I didn't love his plot, either: if I kill all of something in the multiverse (in this case, his former lover, Sersi) then power. Sure, it worked in the One with Jet Li; but if there's an infinite number of multiverses you would never be able to do it.

The idea of the tournaments the Knight mentions, is from the X-Men novel Soul Killer, written by Richard Lee Byers. I have a stack of these Marvel novels, but this one's a favorite, since it features the X-Men and Excalibur against Belasco and Dracula! Early on, Kurt competes in a fencing tournament; and I always wondered how he would do against Dane Whitman. Dane seems a little snooty here, though.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Oh...the plot is thickening so very nicely!

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Damn you Goo, damn you! Just when it was getting good, BAM! Cliffhanger time! Ha ha, I'm eagerly awaiting next week's results because I'm legit curious as to who you're going to have as the winner. I suspect you're going to be biased and give it to Kurt, although if so, I can't say I'd necessarily be against that decision, especially since Kurt's been known to fence with his tail too, so that's what, 3 appendages to Dane's two.

This should be good.....