Monday, February 25, 2019

Me so happy!


I'm going to do us all a favor and not write this whole post in Bizarro-speak; but last week I got the Walgreens exclusive DC Multiverse Bizarro! He's a handsome fellow...dresses better than I do, too.

Bizarro comes with alternate hands, his "Bizarro #1" medallion, a removable cape, and a suit jacket and glasses for his disguise as "Kent Clark." That's a fair amount of accessories for this line, but there's no "Collect-n-Connect" piece or anything. Which is fine. Except for the alternate hands, Bizarro can wear all the accessories at once, which makes his terrible disguise look even sadder.

I had to go back through my records, since I didn't recall if I had a previous Bizarro figure. But we saw the comic he came with years ago--back when action figures came with comics! And the old Bizarro came with a tire we've seen before as well. But holy cow, the old one is thicker in the chest! I wondered if he might've been based on Eric Powell's art in Return to Bizarro World, he predates that story by a year.

Regardless, this Bizarro's got more of a Silver Age feel, and he's great. I found him while looking for the Marvel Legends Mystique, but if you see him first he's worth getting as well.

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ha! Me an not Jealous if your find. I'll have to not be on the lookout for him this week at my not so local Walgreens.

He really doesn't look great in all his Silver Age glory doesn't he? (He totally does)
And if even Bizzaro won't vote for Trump, you know America as a society's done fucked up.

Barbecue17 said...

I found mine last night! He really is very cool. If every Mattel release were as good as this guy they probably would have still been able to keep the DC license because people would be buying. He's a really nice figure!

SallyP said...

Why, he's just adorable!