Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Yeah, you don't say, Hal.
How this panel doesn't show up in every third Green Lantern comic, I have no idea. From DC Super-Stars Presents #14, "G--as in Guardians, Green Lantern, and Gorilla Grodd!" Written by Bob Rozakis, art by Rich Buckler and Bob Layton.

I'm being a little harsh on poor Hal, but in this issue he's written like the dumbest person at the party. Granted, Hal's not as bright as the Guardians of the Universe, the Super-Gorillas, or Carol Ferris...or Pieface (who is unfortunately colored green in his one-panel appearence) but, um, I think I saw a caveman in there somewhere...

Actually, I think Hal's smart, just thoughtless, if that makes sense. But I'll finish up on this issue later today, promise. I worked from five in the morning until six last evening, and it was just a weird day anyway. My alarm clocks (yes, I need two) didn't go off, yet I still got up in time. It was cold in the morning, but I biked anyway; then twice during the day I looked up and it was like a snowglobe outside, then bone-dry on my way home. And then I had time to load one panel, which just made me want to post on the rest of the story, which I will. But later.

1 comment:

SallyP said...

It's true...sometimes Hal does seem to come off as being dumb as a post. And he does have this problem with getting hit in the head all of the time. Or flying headfirst into a sign, or...well you get the idea.

Actually, I think that you are right, it isn't that Hal is stupid...he just doesn't take the time to stop and actually THINK things through, which is what gets him to so much trouble.

It's a good thing he's pretty.