Friday, March 27, 2009

Your Happenstance (Page, Cover) of the Day:


Thundra in action, from Quicksilver #2, "The Wrong Day to Start a New Life!" Written by Tom Peyer, layouts by Rob Haynes, pencils by Casey Jones, inks by Jason Martin. A nice page, although, I'm pretty sure Thundra was in one of the first Fantastic Four comics I ever read--one of the old Perez issues, maybe around FF# 184--I don't have more than a handful of issues with her. I think I may have the issue, and I'm going to guess again, West Coast Avengers #75 or so, probably written by Roy Thomas; that pairs Thundra up with Akron the Imperion. Yeah, the tool with the lightning bolt javelins. Man, Thundra could do better.

I had another writeup and pages from Quicksilver's short-lived solo series, but I guess I haven't posted it yet. Well, it'll turn up.

God, I thought this was the end of the month, but there's still a few days left. Swell. Even though I've been super busy, I did have time to re-read most of this:

Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Empyre, written by Will Murray. Cover by Joe Jusko. Huh, I knew Murray did a ton of Destroyer novels, but he also co-created Squirrel Girl with Steve Ditko! I have a ton of these Marvel novels from around 2000 or so, but haven't bought any recently, so if anyone has a newer one to recommend, let me know. Just based off the few I remember, the covers were better on the older ones...In the meantime, I'm going to finish this, and try to ride out the rest of this month. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

~P~ said...

Dude,

My apologies, but you have been tagged to participate in a (thankfully simple) meme.

You can participate or not - no harm no foul either way.

I was tagged, and now, I'm passing the torch.

My entry (with the rules) is here:

http://sanctumsanctorumcomix.blogspot.com/2009/03/look-inside-look-behind-meme-post.html

~P~