Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Wow, I was actually more productive when I was on vacation...

Took a day, partly because I got both Marvel Unlimited and the Transformers Humble Bundle. The latter contains 48 issues of the classic Marvel series, then bonuses like two volumes of More Than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise. DRM free, and for about $15!

The Marvel app was on sale for ninety-nine cents for a month--then regular price after that, so I will have to remember to cancel it. The site also went down hard for the first couple days, and charged me twice signing up! But it seems to be all right now, and so far I've read sixteen issues of Uncanny Avengers (all the issues currently available there, but at least two away from the conclusion of the story arc!), the 2008-2010 Abnett-Lanning Guardians of the Galaxy run, and the so-much-more-charming-than-the-original Marvel Zombies 5. (Investigating outbreaks of different varieties of zombies in different alternate Earths, Machine Man and Howard the Duck also visit the worst, most disappointing earth of all: ours.) So, I'll probably be plowing through as many issues as I can for most of August.

I also picked up these two: a custom Lego Nightcrawler from England; and a not-Lego set of Batman, Robin, Loki, Green Lantern, Wolverine, and Deadpool minifigures. I'm sure I'll find some use for them...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Those last two arcs of uncanny avengers hooked me. Good deal on the others too.