Monday, May 25, 2015

The blue finish is so it doesn't look like a murder-machine.


I'm not sure anyone remembers the 1998 Lost in Space movie, let alone fondly. Good cast with William Hurt and Gary Oldman, production values were pretty good, yet the script needed another pass or two. Or maybe it just worked better as a series, although that probably wouldn't have flown with this cast.

I liked the redesign of the Robot, but he has a blue finish that makes him resemble a mid-priced car (not unlike the one I have now, co-incidentally!) possibly because if he was gunmetal gray he'd probably look like a killing machine from Terminator. I went for a walk for yard sales the other day, and found this fellow at a thrift shop for under two bucks. He's missing a few pieces, but the electronics still work. I still have a smaller version of him somewhere, too.

Today's a day off, but I'm not sure what I'll have going for scans, until I pick up more books this weekend!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I have yet to watch that one, but apparently I'm not missing out on anything.

Again, hope you yours are having a good/decent Memorial Day.