Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Farscape had more episodes and more comics: sick burn on you, Firefly...


Today's post is just a reminder I need to get the War for the Uncharted Territories trade, but I also need #2 of the first limited: from 2008, Farscape #1-4, "The Beginning of the End of the Beginning." Created and story by Rockne O'Bannon, script by Keith R.A. Decandido, art by Tommy Patterson.

I didn't pick these up when they came out, but I think I came to the show late, too: Set after the last episodes of the series, The Peacekeeper Wars mini-series; John Crichton and the crew of the Moya are looking for a new home to live out their lives in peace. "Peace" not being the default mode of the universe, this is proving more difficult than he'd thought. New mother Aeryn is having difficulty adjusting to her new role; and former Dominar Rygel continues his long quest to retake the throne of the Hynerian empire. That last one is probably going to cause the most trouble, especially since they've brought in a familiar face as an advisor...

It does occur to me, I have a lot of limited series where I have three issues out of four. And a lot of those were picked up at shows. Why that is, I couldn't say.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

I think I remember hearing about this, most likely from you. How many of these did they put out and do you have most of em?

I liked Farscape myself.I dug the special fx, puppetry and basic story. Definitely one the last good shows on SyFi for awhile.