Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Hoping you're not on the bus today...

How much non-comic, non-action figure stuff do I do around here? Not a helluva lot! But today's a good day for it, since I might need to watch this later.

I had been watching a lot of Rifftrax, and I particularly enjoy the shorts: often old safety or educational shorts of often dubious merits, made watchable by commentary from the former Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys. There is a forum on their site, and there was a movie requests section, sort of a suggestion box, to recommend films to be riffed on. I thought about it for a moment, and there was only one old movie I recalled from school: 70's bus safety film And Then It Happened.



It's a 1970's bus safety short, wherein all the kids are dicking around on the bus to varying degrees. Features live animals, a switchblade, and kids flying around like socks in the dryer. It's not quite the same level as the classic scare driver's ed films, but in the same vein. I didn't even ride the bus and I think it traumatized me. I'm posting it here because I only watched part of it the other day, and pretty sure I remember it differently, but still. It took a bit of Googling, but it turned up on Kindertrauma, a pretty good site to ramp up to Halloween on!

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ha, nice. Last week I watched one of those educational shorts you're talking about, this one was about the dangers of LSD. Funny. I think a lot of these unintentionally funny, but shit, isn't that the point?