Thursday, October 19, 2017

This was almost an 80-Page Thursdays post, and then I realized while I may have picked up a spare copy, I had already bloggged Justice League Quarterly #12. So instead, we've got the one figure I picked up on my vacation: DC Direct's Legion of Super-Heroes Invisible Kid! (For the love of Rao, do not pay that Amazon price! I got him for almost less than what they were asking for shipping!)



He is, ah, not the most dynamic of DC Direct's figures; but that's fitting in a couple ways: their Legion offerings were done as to resemble their 50's-60's stories, and the character was in-story a bit shy and reserved. Lyle Norg, the original Invisible Kid, would be killed by Validus in Superboy #203; but since there have been multiple reboots since then, he might be alive again. Maybe. Depending on when you ask.

My hodgepodge Legion continues to grow, slowly: Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, and Ultra Boy are all from DC Direct like Invisible Kid. (I also have their version of Timber Wolf, not pictured here.) DC Direct started stronger: the first series of Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, and Saturn Girl had stands, flight belts, full-size flight ring replicas, and accessories; later series came with squat! Much later would come Starman (from his appearances in JSA) and a more modern Mon-El from the terrible Superman: New Krypton storyline. (Again, Amazon prices, do not, etc.) Timber Wolf and Matter-Eater Lad are loose figures, purchased from eBay, from Mattel's DC Universe Classics Legion set, which also included Invisible Kid--sort of. There's a blank package in there for him; he's invisible, get it? Doesn't do a lot of good if you open the set, but there you go.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Cute bit w/ The GoTG. Rocket's probably right though, at least for now while fans wait for DC to deliver on the promise that the Rebirth one-shot gave them.

Shit, this kinda', KINDA', make me wonder if maybe I shouldn't have sold off the few Legion figures I previously had. At least Beast Boy and Matter-Eater Lad I guess. I still have Starboy though. Man, I really gotta' use him again.