Wednesday, April 18, 2012

They've been rebooted twice since you started reading this.



Unbelievable. I can't believe I didn't notice before, but the DC Direct Legionnaires I have, don't have flight rings! Cosmic Boy has the old flight belt, but the figure even came with a flight ring. The Mattel Legion set of figures all have a hand with a flight ring, with a new one sculpted for Saturn Girl, the lone female. I don't know if the guys' hand is a reuse of Booster Gold's or not, though.

I did this strip a couple of weeks back, but it got pushed back more than once. Then, in the meantime, I got another Legionnaire for my makeshift, hodgepodge Legion of Super-Heroes. We'll see him next week, along with our most ambitious set design in a while!

4 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Nice one Goo. Now to really do a meatier strip where they try to throw Booster out a LEGION he isn't even a member off just so they can get his flight ring.

googum said...

In my head, a common Legion initiation-slash-hazing is to travel back to the 21st century, and give Booster the hassle. Depending on the timeline, they might soap his windows, or pull a drive-by.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ha ha. now That would be a funny skit! You have got to do that one somehow....I'll pay you? Ha!

SallyP said...

If Booster isn't their hero...he darned well ought to be!