Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Retro Toy Week: House of the Dead Ken!

I knew this figure was from the House of the Dead game, but couldn't remember his name: Ken, from Palisades and Sega, 2000.
Along with the metal claws he sports there--and who the hell gives a zombie claws?--Ken also came with a metal facemask--the better to prevent headshots, one would expect. And a couple brown, leech-worm things that were prone to leaping the players' faces. Ken has a nice sculpt, good paint, and ten points of articulation. (Neck, shoulders, wrists, waist, hips, and knees.)

I actually somehow have a full set of all four of these, the other three being Strength, Hierophant, and Johnny. (There were a couple variants as well.) Strength was a monster with a chainsaw, Hierophant was a Gillman/fish monster, and as ToyFare put it, Johnny looked like...we'll see tomorrow. I need to see if I can dig the rest of them up, but there were several little pack-ins as well, like frog and fish monsters. Since these predate my Year-in-Toys posts, I haven't the foggiest what I actually paid for the lot of them; but I want to say they were pretty reasonable, if not dirt cheap. Fun figures for a fun game, and one I've actually played for a change!

No comments: