Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ooh, I should feel bad about this one:


I definitely should feel bad about this one. That's the 2006 NECA 7-inch Kurt Cobain figure and the 2000 Palisades House of the Dead Johnny figure--the variant, I do believe. (The Amazon link shows the pre-headshot version.) Johnny's guitar is from the Simpsons' Otto, although I don't think I've ever displayed him with it. Unless I'm mistaken, Kurt's a lefty, though: I could've reversed Johnny's picture, but it's fine.

This gag was originally from ToyFare, even though they didn't add the guitar for it. But it fits really, really well. Intentional on the part of Palisades or the sculptor? Surely not. Surely...I think. By the way, ToyFare really should have an online resource for all their old, stupid, funny bits; and even the old articles. It couldn't be that difficult to do, and you can cram it full of ads for old and new toys alike...

I'm honestly still pissed at Kurt Cobain for killing himself. Life can be crappy, and depression is difficult to work through, yet somehow a lot of people somehow manage to do it without the benefit of talent, money, or heroin. Kurt just threw those away. If this offends you, well...

(There is a difference between deciding to check out early, and terminal patients deciding not to live on in pain. It's why I'm slightly more forgiving of Hunter S. Thompson's suicide. And my friends and I used to use the expression, "Suicide is the only answer" when referring to anyone we held in utter contempt or who had failed miserably. Dropped the game-winning touchdown? Suicide is the only answer! Throw yourself on your sword!...we probably weren't overly sensitive.)