Wednesday, May 27, 2020

"Impatient."


Hey, I--um, I mean, they--found a cop! One we haven't seen for some time--strike that, we saw this particular officer in 2016 with Misty Knight! We'll put aside how 2016 feels like a happy little memory now...

You absolutely should take the doors off a refrigerator before throwing it away: the worry is that small children might get stuck in it playing hide-and-seek or something. Which seems particularly unlikely as I sit here today, but apparently used to happen often enough that numerous safety films were produced and designed to traumatize kids out of that notion. It would be a bad way to go and horrible for whoever finds the body, but did it happen that often? Apparently, in the fifties. My childhood fridge had a magnetic door, that was surprising that it stayed shut at all; so as a kid I wondered what the fuss was about. But, fridges used to have latches only openable from the outside; or if something were to fall in front of the door and block it...yuck. Take the door off. Somebody on Twitter mentioned, if they made safety movies for COVID like they did for stuff like this; people would social distance right. (Even if you tried this with actors and sets, it would probably involve exposing a fair-sized crew; which I couldn't recommend.)

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

oOOOH, I sense a catfight coming...Nice.

Hey, I've heard kids accidentally locking themselves in abandoned fridges uses to happen often enough that they changed that huge design flaw. I'm sure there's a couple horror short-stories about that.

"Cowl radio" that might actually be the voices in his head...that's actually a pretty legit idea though. I bet Bendis probably wished he'd thought of that..the fucking hack.

H said...

I feel like, at this point, the best plan is to drop Crossbones off at the hospital. If he isn't up by now, he's got at minimum a concussion. Wouldn't surprise me if he can't even remember his own name when he finally wakes up.

H said...

Probably would be appropriate for someone whose whole schtick is memorizing other peoples' moves. Might even have some muscle memory and go full Jason Bourne.